1112 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2011 6:49 AM by ***star***
Welcome to Apple Discussions!
Try a hard reset of your iPod. Press the sleep/wake and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then proceed with the following*:
1) Close all programs and restart computer.
2) Open iTunes and plug in powered off iPhone with direct USB connection.
3) If iTunes fails to connect to iPhone...continue to #4, if it does...restore.
4) Shut DOWN iTunes again.
5) Power OFF the iPhone & Disconnect from computer. (Power off two ways-one will work, hold home and sleep button until off or just hold sleep button until off)
6) Hold down Home button & connect to computer using direct connected USB cable (keep holding down the home button until iTunes sees it).
7) It should go into recovery mode and iTunes should recognise it.
8) If you want to recover to previous software version, Hold Alt/Shift and click restore in iTunes. Then select the old update version.
Hope this helps!
*The instructions are not mine, I copied/pasted them from somewhere I can't remember.iPod Touch 4G, iOS 4
Thanks for the advice, but I have tried all of that, nothing happens at all. The screen is completely black and remains so, it is not responding when I press power, home or both at the same time. It does not even respond when I plug it into a charger or computer. It won't turn on at all, all since updating it!
Message was edited by: **star**