5 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2011 2:22 AM by jeffsatan
aggiestudd07 Level 1 (0 points)
Good evening,

After successfully updating my wife's iPhone 4 to iOS 4.3, she was no longer able to sync music to her phone. The sync always fails during step 4 "Determining Tracks to Sync". We received the following message:
"The iPhone ** cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (13019)"

Her computer is a PC with the updated iTunes software.

Steps taken:
-I have attempted to uncheck the "Sync Music" option, perform a sync which consequently failed with the same error message as above. And then I rechecked the "Sync Music" option and performed a sync. Sync Failed again with the same error message.
-We have unchecked syncing music, ringtones, movies and photos and still get the same error message.
-Attempted to restore from backup from before the iOS 4.3 update
-Attempted to update to iOS 4.3.1

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

iPhone 4, iOS 4
  • roaminggnome Level 10 (95,047 points)
    Type "13019" into the search bar at the top of this screen by "Support" and see if the resulting articles help.
  • aggiestudd07 Level 1 (0 points)
    I performed the steps from the following article: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2830

    Still receiving the same error message for code 13019.
  • aggiestudd07 Level 1 (0 points)
    Any advice or suggestions? Thanks
  • aggiestudd07 Level 1 (0 points)
    I have also changed out harddrives in my wife's computer and linked up her library in the new itunes. Still will not sync, getting the same error message.

    Does anybody have any advice? We really need help, her phone is nearly useless with this issue. Please help
  • jeffsatan Level 1 (0 points)

    I hope you got it working, but in the event that you didn't:

     

    I had this exact same problem. I tried it once and had to cancel the sync because the "loading" bar at the top had stopped looking like it was moving. Also, iTunes read "application not responding" when I went to check it, so I force quit. I tried again a little bit later. Same thing. This time I waited ten or fifteen minutes and it finished up just fine.

     

    I have an external hard drive that contains all of my music and I suspect that may have been contributing to the slowdown/near stop of the program.

     

    In conclusion, I would recommend waiting to see if it works (try half an hour if you have to), and I bet that clears it up. Hopefully this helps!