Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annotating in Preview

Sometimes I receive images of documents from friends in JPEG format which I then save on my Imac. Later I go an image to annotate it in Preview, select an arrow for example and choose Red colour only to find when I hit save that it saves it in a Grey colour.

If I was to print the image and scan it back to my imac I find I am able to save the annotations in the colour and way I prefer.

Does anyone know why I cannot save this doesn't work all the time, Please?

Alan

Imac i7 10.6.6, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 500 GB ext.H/D

Posted on Apr 8, 2011 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2017 9:22 AM

I am running into the same issue. I noticed that those .jpg files I am trying to annotate have "Color space: Gray" on the when I go into "Get info". The .jpg files that I can annotate without issues have "Color space: RGB" under "Get info".

Is there a way to make the "Color space: Gray" convert into "Color space RGB"?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2017 9:22 AM in response to ribbo39

I am running into the same issue. I noticed that those .jpg files I am trying to annotate have "Color space: Gray" on the when I go into "Get info". The .jpg files that I can annotate without issues have "Color space: RGB" under "Get info".

Is there a way to make the "Color space: Gray" convert into "Color space RGB"?

Apr 17, 2011 4:16 AM in response to Design Macster

Hi Design Macster,

I think I have found the problem. I have been scanning some home made documents and some were done

in greyscale profile. When I then annotated them in colour text, it would save it in grey only.

By scanning the same document in Generic RGB Profile and annotating in colour text, it would be saved

with the coloured text showing.

If you think this could be the real answwer, please let me know.

Alan

Annotating in Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.