Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

attached images display too large

when using mail in os 10.4, if someone sends me a message with pictures attached, they are at a size that you can see the whole picture when you scroll down in the message. if i forward that email to someone, the pictures display too large and you cannot see the whole image in the message. is there a setting for this somewhere?
thanks

imac g4, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Apr 8, 2011 5:46 PM

9 replies

Apr 10, 2011 11:51 AM in response to BDAqua

I haven't noticed that this question is in the Tiger forum.

Unfortunatelly I don't have access to Mac OS X Tiger right now. Under Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard, the option is visible if there is an image attachment larger than 320x240 px. It applies to any common bitmap image format (JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP – in general any format supported by Preview except PDF).

Apr 10, 2011 12:21 PM in response to Adam Nohejl

Ah thanks, maybe I was experimenting with too small of pics!?

Hmm, interesting...

Mail will remebember the size and will automatically use it the next time you attach an image if you forget to manually change it back.

And if the last setting was small, the menu may be there, but will have no effect since you cannot Scale up!

Also, it seems that if the pic is in quoted nesting the size setting has no effect!?

Apr 10, 2011 12:29 PM in response to BDAqua

BDAqua wrote:
Ah thanks, maybe I was experimenting with too small of pics!?

Hmm, interesting...

Mail will remebember the size and will automatically use it the next time you attach an image if you forget to manually change it back.

And if the last setting was small, the menu may be there, but will have no effect since you cannot Scale up!

Yes, it works only for downsizing.

Also, it seems that if the pic is in quoted nesting the size setting has no effect!?

On Mac OS X 10.5 and later it works regardless of quotation. If it does not on Mac OS X Tiger, it must be a bug that was fixed later.

attached images display too large

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.