Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two iPads, two iTunes libraries, One iTunes account

My wife and I each have an iPad. We also each have our own iTunes libraries on one iMac, utilizing Fast-User switching. However we have one open iTunes account for purchasing items. What is the best way to sync our iPads so purchases are transferred correctly? Is it worry free? Can I simply log into my account on her iTunes library as well as mine? Currently, I have both our iPads signed into my account with no issues.

iMac 27" i5 & Macbook Pro i7 17" 2.66Ghz, iOS 4

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 10:01 AM

1 reply

Apr 9, 2011 1:08 PM in response to fudgebrown

The issue that you will encounter with syncing your iPads to separate iTunes libraries in separate Mac accounts, even though you are using the same iTunes account for purchases, will be any iTunes media; music, videos, podcasts, etc., that you purchase and download directly from the the iTunes Store on either of the two iPads. Apps and iBooks can be redownloaded, but media cannot. So any media that you purchase directly to your iPad will transfer back to your iTunes library in your Mac account, but it will not be available to her unless you manually copy the media from your library in your Mac account to hers.

User uploaded file
Dah•veed

User uploaded file

Two iPads, two iTunes libraries, One iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.