Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Serial Number

How can I check to see if a MacBook has been registered or not? I know simply trying to register a product will show you if it's registered or not, but is there another way? Thanks!

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 10:48 PM

You can check your warranty status: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

hope this solves your problem
3 replies

Feb 6, 2016 5:36 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Apple replaced the motherboard of my MacBook Pro Mid 2009 and now I get this error: see below. It seems they have entered the wrong serial number, i.e. not the one that they had to use. I discovered this after installing El Capitan, because configuration of iCloud takes forever probably because of this problem. Is it possible to change the entered serial number into the correct one, without replacing the motherboard again? Can they do this in the Applecare-shop without losing my computer for days? Is there a way to do it myself? I found software on the net to enter a serial numer for blank motherboards, but not for changing incorrect ones.

User uploaded file

MacBook Serial Number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.