Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incredibly slow Aperture slideshow export

Exporting a slideshow to an iPad (720p) setting is taking forever and seems to be using just one core our of 8 logical cores on my brand new MBP 17" i7 2.3 Ghz.

Other apps (including the free handbrake) seem to be much better at using recent Apple hardware.

Is there something wrong here? Or am I missing something?

Message was edited by: Jerome Colas

MBP 17" i7 (2011) 2.3Ghz/8GB/SSD512, Mac OS X (10.6.7), and other Macs too

Posted on Apr 10, 2011 11:22 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2014 12:00 AM in response to jerome1989

This is a really late response, but for others curious about this: yes, this surprising slowness is my experience too. If I were to build a similar slideshow by hand in Motion for instance, it would export almost faster than real time. So Apple perhaps should look into this - and at least put in some progress feedback. Now you don't know - is it gonna be 30 minutes or over night?

Apr 28, 2014 1:02 AM in response to Jan Renell

Now you don't know - is it gonna be 30 minutes or over night?

It will largely depend on the theme you are using. A simple "Classic" or Ken Burns slideshow without too many animations will render far quicker than for example the "Places" theme. With the added complication of network access required for the maps it can take indeed all night to render a relatively short slideshow with the Places theme.

Incredibly slow Aperture slideshow export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.