Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hot at the top of the screen in the back

I read something in another post about the fan running constantly. I have never heard a fan running on mine. If I touch the back of the display at the top, it seems very hot to me. The bottom half is just warm, but the top half is hot. Is this supposed to be hot? Should there be a fan running? I purchased this in Sept. of 2010.

Imac-intell core i3, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 4 GB memory

Posted on Apr 10, 2011 5:36 PM

3 replies

Apr 10, 2011 6:00 PM in response to Barb Norvell

Barb Norvell wrote:
I read something in another post about the fan running constantly. I have never heard a fan running on mine. If I touch the back of the display at the top, it seems very hot to me. The bottom half is just warm, but the top half is hot. Is this supposed to be hot? Should there be a fan running? I purchased this in Sept. of 2010.

Hi Barb: There will actually be 3 fans running. It is quite normal to feel the warmth at the top, as that is where the heat is exhausted. To check your temperatures, download, install and run iStat Pro. Link below.

http://www.islayer.com/apps/istatpro/

Stedman

Hot at the top of the screen in the back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.