Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WGM Settings + Office 2011

Hi Guys,

Just a few issues working on Macbook/iMac 10.6 Clients with AD/OD on using 10.6 Server & Server 2008 R2.

So Far have 2 Groups called #osx_staff and #osx_students and #AllComputers

At first had custom PLIST and used the GUI for preferences for each Group and all was working fine.
Since Playing around with WGM Settings for #osx_staff all of a sudden now when logged in as a domain user associated to the osx_staff group no longer gets preferences. Dock settings are lost at first only had 2 dock items and sometimes just get system dock and no longer get the user dock.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot or fix? Or do i need to remove preferences for osx_staff and start again? how can i find out if its a conflict?

Now for the Office 2011 issues.

Have been testing Office 2011 using network home directories on the MacBooks and iMacs.

First 3 issues had was
First Run Wizard and etc..Fixed this using Office PLIST configuration
Next 2 issues was unable to save .DOC files to user's homedirectory as well on exit it cannot save default global template.

To resolve these issues used Folder Re-direction and made sure ~/library/caches, ~/documents/microsoft user data and ~/library/application support/microsoft/office/templates where pointed to local harddrive and not using the network home directory.

Question I have is this the way to resolve these issues? as somehow cannot get them to work on network homedirectories. Always get freezing on first run and the above error messages using network homedirectories.

When using the Plist files as well noticed with WGM not just for Office 2011 and some other settings don't apply properly until the second login for that user? Any ideas what that happens?

Thanks

Hope someone can help

Regards,
Shane

Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 6:12 AM

2 replies

WGM Settings + Office 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.