You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix low quality in videos imported from iphoto slideshows?

I make a very cool video of some pics using iphoto slideshow. I want to add some titles, so I went to iMovie and import the video file. When I export the finished video (with subtitles) the quality of the video is very poor.

How can I solve this problem? I have read tons of pages, I tested with so many video configurations, but I got nothing.

Please, some help.

MBP, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 10:27 AM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2011 3:15 AM in response to LuisGarcia

In iPhoto, with the slideshow highlighted, at the base of the Viewer you will see an Export icon. Click on this to reveal a drop-down menu. Click on the Custom Export button. From the drop-down menu choose Movie to Quicktime Movie, then click on the Options button. Click on the Settings button, then in the panel that opens for Compression Type select Photo-JPEG. For Quality set the slider to either Medium or High. Click on OK, then back in the Movie Settings panel, turn off Prepare for Internet Streaming.

This will produce a very good quality movie which can be imported to iMovie for further editing, such as the addition of a soundtrack (if not already there), addition of titles etc.

Bear in mind that the Apple Photo-JPEG format will produce quite large file sizes. For a 14 minute movie (slideshow) I produced last year using (I think) the Medium setting, the duration was nearly 13 GB - so that equates to approx. 1 GB per minute. Hopefully your slideshow is not too long!

John

how to fix low quality in videos imported from iphoto slideshows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.