Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sort photos manually

I am unable to sort my photos manually. The manual label is greyed out. the reset manual sort is greyed out. I have not found the way to activate them - this is iphoto 11. how do i rectivate these 2 items?I just want to move my photos around as i did in past versions. any help welcome
sorry cant paste image here -

Mac Book Pro 4.1, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 4Gb Ram Mac OS 10.5.8

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 10:01 PM

8 replies

Oct 25, 2012 12:34 AM in response to AlanReynolds

Because sometimes you want to see photos in a different sequence

Which is exactly what Albums are designed for.

Events are organisation for those who can't really be bothered. They are automatic - based entirely on Date and Time the camera records the photos as taken. You can move photos between Events, you can Merge Events, you can Rename them and sort them in various ways except one: You cannot manually sort in an Event as Events are all automated. If you want to manually sort in an Event then you've outgrown Events as an organising tool. Now it's time to look at albums (Where you can manually sort) which are much more flexible than Events as an organising tool.

sort photos manually

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.