Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrolling text box

I can't find this anywhere. I want to station a text box on my slide and have the text inside it scroll. I do not want the text box to move (the common answer to this question). I have a list of names and I want only one name at a time to be visible. The rest of the slide needs to remain visible throughout the scroll (thus why the text box can't move). Is this possible? I'd also be ok with having the names write over themselves, but I can't figure that out either.

The basic effect is to have a space where names appear, one after the other, rapidly. Anyone know how to do it within the parameters I laid out?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 9:13 AM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2011 8:31 PM in response to jtzuercher

You could have a textbox with all your text written, placed a the bottom of the slide. Have two large boxes of the background color cover the whole slide area except the area where you want the text to be seen. The textbox is sent to back. Now you add Move actions and the textbox moves up with each click, showing the part of the text you want seen. Not elegant, but it will work. I hate PCs, but Powerpoint is much more versatile and complete as a product. I wish Keynote developers would study Powerpoint and just have Keynote do all that Powerpoint can do.

Scrolling text box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.