Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Application Support Not Found

I am trying to install itunes on windows vista. Everytime I install it, there is an error message when installing the apple application support. I click "ok" and it begins to roll back action. It will continue to install but when I try to run itunes, it tells me I can't because the support is not found. I can't even find it in my c: drive to uninstall it.

Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 9:46 AM

10 replies

Apr 12, 2011 5:33 PM in response to b noir

Hi, I have the same problem, the error message is Apple Application not found is required to run Itunes please uninstall and install again error code 2.
I tried some tip I read in a discussion to open it with WinRar and repair etc, didn't work for me. Also tried switching firewall off and still nothing, I uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times still nothing. It'd be very appreciated if you could help, my email is mermaid (dot)from (dot)mars (at)hotmail (dot)com please if you have a solution write me there. Thank you and all the best. <Edited By Host>

Apr 13, 2011 4:57 AM in response to amj2597

"Apple Application Not Found. Itunes helper is needed to run itunes. Please uninstall and reinstall again. Error code 2"

Okay. We're going to try a standalone Apple Application Support install. It still might not install, but fingers crossed any error messages will give us a better idea of the underlying cause of the issue.

Download and save a copy of the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64setup.exe) installer file to your hard drive:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Download and install the free trial version of WinRAR:

http://www.rarlab.com/

Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe), and select "Extract to iTunesSetup" (or "Extract to iTunes64Setup"). WinRAR will expand the contents of the file into a folder called "iTunesSetup" (or "iTunes64Setup").

Go into the folder and doubleclick the AppleApplicationSupport.msi to do a standalone AAS install.

Does it install properly for you? If so, does iTunes launch properly now?

If instead you get an error message during the install, let us know what it says. (Precise text, please.)

Apr 13, 2011 6:20 AM in response to b noir

At the very of the instal of Apple Application Support, I receive an error message that reads:

An error occured during the installationg on assembly 'microsoft.vc80.crt version="8.0.50727.4053",type="win32".publickeytoken="ifc8b3b9ale8e3b",process of Architecture="x86". Please refer to help and support for more information. HRESULT: 0X8007054F

I am definitely not a computer wiz, so I have no idea what that means. I was also getting this error message when I would download iTunes right from the apple website.
Thank you for helping though.
Any more ideas? 🙂

Apr 13, 2011 2:21 PM in response to amj2597

An error occured during the installationg on assembly 'microsoft.vc80.crt version="8.0.50727.4053",type="win32".publickeytoken="ifc8b3b9ale8e3b",process of Architecture="x86". Please refer to help and support for more information. HRESULT: 0X8007054F

These ones are typically caused by underlying problems on the PC that also often cause Windows Updates to fail to install. If we can fix the Windows Update trouble, we can usually get the iTunes trouble cleaned up +en passant.+

Go into your Windows update and try to check for new updates. Do they fail to install? If so, go into your Update History and doubleclick the failures. What alphanumeric codes appear for you? Are they also 0x8007054Fs, or a different error code? If they're different, what codes are you getting in Windows Update?

Apr 14, 2011 2:45 PM in response to b noir

Yep, I have been having the problem with the Windows Update, when I click on Windows Update it opens this small window but its compeltly blank, nothing is written as if the Windows Update is gone. Do you have any idea on how to fix that? Because I can't download any updates at all because of that. And yes, that is probably why I am having the Itunes problem. All the best, and waiting for a solution (if any. :/

Apr 14, 2011 3:26 PM in response to amj2597

The error codes are 8024200D and 8024600A

🙂 Many thanks. With those ones let's first try *method 2* from the following document:

[Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2|http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821]

Apple Application Support Not Found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.