Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting part of a track, or splitting a region

I am editing my first track in Garage Band 2011, and am having difficulty in splitting part of the track to delete some dead space that was recorded. I followed the instructions I found at the website listed below which told me,

+"1. To split a single region, click it once to select it; to select multiple regions, Shift-click or drag to select them all.+
+2. Move the playhead to the precise point where you want the split to occur.+
+3. Choose Edit --> Split or press Command-T.+
+The region will split into two regions at the playhead, as shown in Figure 2. Go ahead and try it out. I have all the time in the world."+

Instead of my track splitting into two regions, it only highlighted the silhouette of the sound wave form. Is this user error or Garage Band error?

+Read more: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/fixing-flubs-and-faux-pas-in-garageband.ht ml#ixzz1JMC9txS5+

Message was edited by: Christi Lee

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Garage Band 2011

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 1:14 AM

perhaps you are trying to select within the editor pane. you might be dragging the region to create time flex data which highlights the waveform in white. try single clicking the region (either within the sequencer or editor) and dragging the PLAYHEAD ONLY to the beginning of the split, press command t. this should split the region in to two regions, now move the playhead to the end of the desired region you would like to split and command t again. still a a novice so hope this helps!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2011 1:14 AM in response to Christi Lee

perhaps you are trying to select within the editor pane. you might be dragging the region to create time flex data which highlights the waveform in white. try single clicking the region (either within the sequencer or editor) and dragging the PLAYHEAD ONLY to the beginning of the split, press command t. this should split the region in to two regions, now move the playhead to the end of the desired region you would like to split and command t again. still a a novice so hope this helps!

deleting part of a track, or splitting a region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.