Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fender Mustang I amp into Garageband for iPad

I am trying to connect my Fender Mustang I amp into Garageband using the USB out on the amp into the Camera Connection Kit (CCK) into the iPad2. I have read of many users being able to successfully do this, but I have had no luck.

The Mustang has been updated with the most recent firmware and software. The USB appears to be functioning properly, as I was able to download the recent firmware update.

The CCK is working fine, as I've tested plugging a camera into it, and the iPad read the camera perfectly.

Garageband is also working fine as well.

I have read NatSci's advise in the "Guitar Inputs" thread, and followed these exactly, yet have not been able to successfully get any input. The only input I am getting is the external mic.

The first time I plugged in the CCK with the Mustang Amp, I received a message of (I believe) "This USB device is not supported".

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get this to work? Thanks.

iPhone OS 3.1.3

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 6:22 PM

2 replies

Oct 21, 2012 8:15 AM in response to The_Electric_Fetus

can you describe the exact rocedure to connect the amp on the iPad ??

i see you have an iPad 2 and the accesorie CCK (Camera Connection Kit)

of course you will connect the right adapter with the USB port on the iPad.

Then you will connect the amp...

and what is next to get this amp working ??

i read about updates and firmwares.

as far as i can read you did the next steps.

1. Updated the amp with latest firmware and software.

2. Turn off the amp and turn it on again (just for sure that the update is fully operate after updating),

3. Update the iPad with latest iOS (for now it is iOS 6)

4. Reboot the iPad (just for sure the iOS is fully operating after updating),

5. Connect the adapter with usb port,

6. Connect the amp to the adapter,

7. Reboot the iPad,

8. Open garageband,

and happy jamming

is this the right procedure to do it ?

(probably step 2 and 4 is not needed, but just to make sure everything is properly up and running)

Fender Mustang I amp into Garageband for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.