Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2, Digital AV Adapter not full screen

Hi,

I bought an Apple Digital AV Adapter three days ago.

I use my iPad 2 connect with Sony Bravia 32' television via Digital AV Adapter,

The iPad 2 instantly connect to the television, but the problem is that the screen that display isn't full screen. I tried with every setting on my iPad and also on the television but still no luck and the scree still appear to be 1/4 of the size.

I also tried with other television from my brother's house and give the same result and I tried with my brother's iPad and samething.

I went to the Apple store and change the cable because I read one of the article in this site and said they change and work so I tried but still giving the same result.

This is a bit out of the topic but I tried with my iPhone 4 (with some hack) and iPhone 4 give full resolution which is kinda weird why not with iPad :/

can anybody give any advice what should I do?

HP, Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 7:01 PM

12 replies

Apr 12, 2011 10:46 PM in response to vazandrew

Ok lets forget about the hack part,

Check out this video about Mirror display you will notice his picture is full on his Television screen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQUMHCC9-kM

but mine it just like stay on very right of the screen and almost the same as iPad resolution which I can't see what is the point of having it if they will make it like that way. not only that Apple Staff at apple store tell me that it suppose to be full screen

Apr 19, 2015 12:15 PM in response to alihuta2002

there is a bug in this device, and it's all apples fault with iso 7.

Here is what you need to do to fix it this annoying problem. What you need to do is first power on everything and connect your device up. IN settings look for Settings, General. there will be a little Magic box that shows up only when it's connected and working called video out. select that and look for widescreen, change it to off or no. but the selection you make here does nothing tell you reboot the device. so unplug the video out adapter and reboot the device and once connected up it should show the video in its right aspect ratio now. I played around with this for an hour tell I figured out it needs to be rebooted. 🙂

Enjoy.

and for me for some odd reason windscreen turned off means it's on.

iPad 2, Digital AV Adapter not full screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.