Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paragon Backup & Recovery Suite 10

I have used the WinPE boot disk and smart backup wizard to create several backups. However, when my backup drive was running short of space and I tried to delete an old archive using the smart backup wizard, I could not delete an old archive. I receive an access denied error message. Likewise, when I tried to delete an old archive using the file transfer wizard in Tools, the archive was not deleted, but this time no error message was displayed. I tried everything Paragon has suggested so far, but still cannot delete an old archive. I even removed the existing partition, created a new partition, and reformatted (NTFS), but the same problems persist. Since this is quite basic functionality, I am concerned that there may be other or related basic read-and-write problems affecting the reliability of this backup solution.

Has anyone else encountered an inability to delete old archives from within this Paragon software running from the WinPE boot disk? If so, were you somehow able to fix the problem?

I am using a 300GB Seagate Expansion Drive. chkdsk and the Seagate diagnostics say there is nothing wrong with this drive. Not even 1 bad sector.

Mac OS X (10.6.7), iMacs, MacBook, and iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 8:39 AM

1 reply

Oct 26, 2011 8:44 PM in response to louiexiv

I worked with Paragon for seven months on this problem. They released an update that was supposed to fix the problem but did nothing. Now, they are asking me the same questions that they asked seven months ago when I first reported the problem. Clearly, Paragon does not know how to fix this problem. I must look elsewhere for a reliable program to back up and restore my BC partition.

Paragon Backup & Recovery Suite 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.