Skip navigation

How to delete movies from itunes list?

37438 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2013 2:13 PM by .6c RSS
Steven Shmerler Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 13, 2011 9:38 AM
I added some movies to my Library and now want to delete them. I've unchecked them and thus removed them from my iPad.

But how do you delete them from your library. I select them but don't see delete in any of the menus and clicking delete keyboard button doesn't have any effect.

Do I just drag the movie to the trash? and then iTunes won't see it any more?
Mac Pro 3.0 GHz Quad-Core, iPad WiFi/3G, iPhone4, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 30" HP LP3065 Monitor, 22" Cinema Display
  • Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (73,395 points)
    Apr 13, 2011 9:43 AM (in response to Steven Shmerler)
    Right click -delete.
    Mac mini (mid 2010) - 2 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.7), silver mini, blue mini, green shuffle, iTunes 10.2.1, 32GB wifi iPad
  • Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (73,395 points)
    Apr 13, 2011 8:29 PM (in response to Steven Shmerler)
    Here's what I'm doing: Plug iPad into Mac Pro,

Why? Deleting movies from iTunes has nothing to do with the iPad.
    Select Movies at top left of iTunes under Library, find the movie(s) you want to delete then delete them.
    Mac mini (mid 2010) - 2 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.7), silver mini, blue mini, green shuffle, iTunes 10.2.1, 32GB wifi iPad
  • whoiskevin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Apr 19, 2011 12:18 PM (in response to Chris CA)

I have a similar issue except the movies are showing up in the ipad movie list but not in the itunes movie list. I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of them and they simply will not go away. I've removed files from the library section on the hard drive under itunes and still they show up...and if I tell the ipad to sync all movies they show up on the ipad. If I delete them on the ipad they still show up int he list and sync the next time I connect.

Itunes has continued to be a huge pain in the butt with the synch.

• .6c Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Feb 17, 2013 2:13 PM (in response to Steven Shmerler)

If you are on Windows try this.

1. Close iTunes

2. Go to C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\Music\iTunes

3. Delete everything

4. Start iTunes

This should remove all knowledge of iTunes about your music, movies, apps - all lists should be cleared as iTunes was installed the very first time on your PC.

My personal view on iTune is pretty negative. iTune designer's view on user experience is in fact software design flaws... just look at how the backups work or how it doubles the contacts in your iPhone after it synchs with Outlook or the tools it offers to delete an item or the lack of drag&drop features when I need them. Fortunately, I have found permanent solution for iTunes - run on Linux... next step is to use Android

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.