Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Belkin N+ Wireless Router

This has been doing my head in for a while now and I've persevered with it but I'd like to find out what the issue is!

I use a Belkin N+ wireless router for my home network. Connected to this I have 2 pc laptops running Vista Home Basic (SP2), an iMac running OSX (10.6.7), and my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.1. The router is WAP protected and has the latest firmware update.

I am have been having trouble staying connected to my network on the iPhone for some time now but the issue isn't always there, it sometimes works fine. Most of the time though I have a problem getting connected and the only work around for me is to disconnect via settings and reconnect. This works but after a while the same thing happens again.

Until recently I thought it was just an issue with my iPhone and maybe it was getting confused and trying to pickup a signal both from my network and 3g network (Vodafone) at the same time but I have recently moved my iMac to a new location in the house and have to use air port to connect to the network, where I had it connected via ethernet to the router before, and I am getting the same issues. To get the iMac to work I have to turn off air port then turn it back on. Again, this works for a while but somehow looses the connection.

The strange thing is that I have never had any problems with the pc laptops and they are always connected to the network!

Is anyone else in a similar situation or has any advice?

It sounds like a compatibility issue with either the apple hardware or OS's and the router to me but would be great to hear if anyone has a fix.

Thanks,

Bryan

20" imac, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 250GB SATA HD (mid 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.7), Logic Pro 9.1.3, 16GB iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 1:13 PM

1 reply

Problems with Belkin N+ Wireless Router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.