Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with Apple TV and Sony Bravia

When attempting to use AppleTV with my SonY Bravia, I get a "No signal" warning on the TV screen, and cannot access the AppleTV on-screen menu. After a few seconds, the warning changes to "Audio only", the screen dims lightly three times and...goes back to "No signal". I have tried resetting AppleTV, to no avail. I use a wifi connection, and my modem and router seem to be fine (all other computers in the house have good connections.) I had not previously had any problems with AppleTV, and the Bravia works fine with all other devices (DVD, VCR). Any thoughts? Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 5:58 PM

14 replies

Apr 14, 2011 5:40 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Interesting. I have a problem with fast scrolling with my Apple TV only when it is connected to my Sony Bravia. It (ATV2 and my remote together or just my remote with another person's ATV2) works fine on every other TV I've tried it on. I have found that changing the setting on the Bravia for the motion speed will correct the problem but only temporarily.

Feb 27, 2015 7:21 PM in response to carlitossg

i have had this same problem -- blank screen on bravia. the ATV worked for a long time without an issue. then it wouldn't work. after not being able to start it, i went to an apple shop and they were able to get it to show on a computer monitor.

i have subsequently tried ATV on two different TVs (sony bravia and new samsung). i have changed HDMI cables (four different ones), tried hooking through an HDMI hub and also directly into the TV, tried powering off all devices (including TV until completely drained) and tried both reset (menu/down and menu/up to apparently change resolution) basically every adjustment and reconfiguration i can think of. i have also several times restored system software in apple tv without any problems (ATV shows up when plugged into a computer and screen says new software update successful).

but still ATV is blank on the TV screens.

any ideas?

Aug 27, 2015 1:41 PM in response to jta-123

A similar problem has recently started occurring for me. Turn the ATV on and switch to appropriate HDMI and all is good for about 20 seconds then screen goes blank and it just says HDMI2 at the top, indicating no signal from the ATV. Tried powering ATV off and on it reappears for 20 seconds then disappears again. Changed the HDMI from 2 to 3 and it worked until the next time we came to use ATV. Is this a problem with a recent ATV update does anyone know? Is there a solution?

Trouble with Apple TV and Sony Bravia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.