Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2, iTunes HD shows confusing surround audio channels?

I have recently noticed a problem with iTunes purchased TV shows, in that the front left/right audio tracks are coming out of the surround speakers (and the front sides are quiet, but the center plays back normally). This has happened with Justified and Clone Wars.

It's rare and if I restart the Apple TV the problem goes away and everything plays back normally. I've also observed that if I restart the AV receiver, that fixes the problem (Apple TV detects that the other end of the HDMI cable is off-line and it pauses the show).

Has anyone else seen this problem? I would be happy to blame the receiver, I guess 😟, but my Blu-ray player never exhibits this behavior - only the Apple TV 2 and it seems to occur only with iTunes purchased, HD TV shows.

Thanks.

Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, Apple TVs, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Opulence, I Has It...

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2011 11:07 AM

Update: turned out to be a problem with the AVR, which is now at a service center being repaired.

1 reply

Apple TV 2, iTunes HD shows confusing surround audio channels?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.