Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

driver for epson aculaser c1600

Hello there,

my brand new laserprinter Epson AL-c1600 does not have a driver for Mac OS.
It seems that snow leopard has the driver neither. Any hope?

Thanx
Sjermi

Macbook air, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 5:39 AM

17 replies

Apr 20, 2011 5:11 AM in response to Sjermi

I have the same problem.

For a workaround I have installed the driver in a VirtualBox virtual machine running Windows 7. It takes a bit of time as I have to make a PDF, and then print it in Windows – but at least that means I'll save on ink costs because I'll be thinking before printing.

If anyone finds out a generic driver to use, or any other optiions I'd love to hear them however.

Aug 30, 2011 1:32 PM in response to Sjermi

@Markusr

Thanks! Finding another driver and testing that it works is a great help to all. I found the CX1600DNF driver and downloaded to my Macbook Intel running 10.6.8, after opening the file from the desktop and restarting the machine I went to add driver in System Preferences - Printer and added this new printer. I am trying to print from Word with the C1600 printer selected - Nothing. Nothing shown in print queue. Was this different to the actions you too? Your description suggested you had no issues using the CX1600DNF driver. I got the printer at a low price or I would be taking it back quicker. Again, thanks for all the help you have provided so far.

Sep 3, 2011 3:35 PM in response to Sjermi

For me "Epson AL-CX16" driver is ok for my brand new aculaser 1600

(but CX16DNF doesn't work)

Running Lion on MacPro and SnowLeopard on MacMini

I just cannot check toner level, not a real issue.

Print from Page, Photoshop, Illustrator, TexTedit and many others perfectly.

I never use anything from microsoft, I recommand to dhschwab and to everyboddy to choose this way too.

Sep 5, 2011 10:43 AM in response to Philippesan

Thanks to all for their help. The printer now works very well and I am happy with the output. I have printed from Word and InDesign, and will keep testing other applications. Having got the printer at a third of the list price I am happy I will not need to return it. Shame that Epson do not list this driver for Mac users as we must have some value as users, better than lost customers! Anyway, that is commerce and I remain happy with a working printer.

driver for epson aculaser c1600

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.