Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Genius Doesn't Update

In using the Genius mode of the App Store on my iPad 2, I notice that when I select the Not Interested box under the apps that Genius recommends that there isn't any way to get Genius to update, eliminating those apps in which I have no interest. Is there?

iMac 24", Mac OS X (10.6.7), 2gb RAM; 32gb 3G iPad 2

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 10:15 AM

1 reply

Jul 26, 2012 4:04 AM in response to rkdav

I have no idea if this issue has been fixed, but I assume not, since I'm still having the same problem. So, I'm just letting you know that I submitted a problem ticket to address this, the tone rather more "aggressive" than is my nature. Below I pasted the contents of my submitted issue:

"You have been contacted by thousands of users already, as forum indicates, for the past two YEARS, and NO ONE has heard ANY acknowledgement, feedback, or solutions for this issue, which is a KEY function you offer. I want to scream and tear my hair out, so frustrated by your lack of even having the courtesy to acknowledge this bug, reported untold times by most of your customers.

PLEASE, do not dismiss this. Action is required immediately, first, by creating a response or news update that will reach ALL iPhone/iPad owners, regardless of whether they use Genius or not, simply to let them know you acknowledge the reported issue, and second, to inform us of when this fix will be released.

Otherwise, delete this app from your iTunes list of services, because it's useless until fixed.

Thank you,

Renee"

If anyone has heard of, or found a way to get this to work, please let me know, in forum and directly, if you can.

Thanks!

App Store Genius Doesn't Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.