Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Junk Mail Dissappears even when sent to delete 'Never'

On my AOL IMAP account in AppleMail, the setting for Junk is to: 1) Store Messages on the server, and 2) Delete Junk Maiil Messages; Never.

However Junk Mail for this account does not remain in my Junk folder in Apple mail more than about 24 hours. I have set the option to another choice and then back to Never, to no effect.

How can I retain the mail AppleMail identifies as Junk? I do not get to check this folder everyday, and I am losing important correspondence that AppleMail incorrectly deems Junk before I can salvage it, when this good mail disappears with the other Junk messages.

Is this a bug, or do I have improper settings?

iMac 24 and Macbook Aluminum, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 5:09 PM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2011 5:58 PM in response to Taser_This

I think it is a AOL specific limitation, wherein AOL only supports long term storage on the server in the Saved folder or subfolders within that, but my memory is hazy. I know that AOL only allows keeping messages in the Inbox for 27 days or less, and advises to move them to the Saved folder for longer duration.

I know there is some reason my AOL account has always been set to have the Junk messages go into a local On My Mac folder, and not on the server.

Ernie

Junk Mail Dissappears even when sent to delete 'Never'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.