Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone using the Zagg iPad 2 Anti-Glare Screen?

If you're using this, or have tried it, thoughts? Feedback? I have had the clear on my devices in the past but am curious about this "anti" glare shield. I read elsewhere that it somewhat pixelates the screen?

Custom PC 6GB RAM / Nvidia 280GTX Graphics/ 3.5TB HD, Windows XP Pro, iPad1-iPad2 64G's-iPhone4-AppleTVx2-iTouch 4G

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 7:14 PM

6 replies

Apr 14, 2011 7:26 PM in response to Dadof2Girls

Zagging doesn't have a antiglare screen protector that I can find anywhere so I don't know what you are talking about to give you any help. But my cousin does have a anti-glare/theft screen protector that blocks glare and blocks the viewing angle from other peeking. It works good but I don't know who makes it and since it is the protection type protector the viewing angles suck.

Apr 14, 2011 7:32 PM in response to McFool123

Nope. Zagg does offer it. I was in BestBuy today and they had it for the iPad2 right on the shelf. Held it in my hand... said glare proof, smudge proof. If you check the BestBuy website it is there. Don't know why not on the Zagg site. Most of the BestBuy reveiws are bad, but it is due to the installation. I have used Zagg before and can install with no problem. Just wondering about the anti-glare vs the regular clear ones.

Apr 14, 2011 7:38 PM in response to Dadof2Girls

I would recommend against it. I tried the "new" anti-glare material on my iPhone. Really didn't like it. It did pixelate the display and I felt it also slightly dimmed it or perhaps reduced contrast - I found myself turning brightness up a bit. I assume it would be the same effect on the iPad.

My hobby is photography and I was reminded of a "grainy" long exposure film image. The retina display is just too sharp and pretty to degrade with this product in my opinion.

I removed it from my iPhonerand installed a "regular" InvisibleShield and am much happier. Just put one on my new iPad, too.

Apr 15, 2011 10:09 AM in response to Dadof2Girls

I just had mine installed yesterday with the anti-glare cover and was hoping that after i let it dry the grainy look would go away but it hasnt and when theres a white screen with text it looks horrible. I had the people at best buy install it for me. Im going to wait until tonight which would be more than 24 hours to let it dry but it looks like im comprimising an awesome screen with the anti glare feature for no reason. Hopefully they will let me exchange it

Apr 15, 2011 2:11 PM in response to SaMonster

Yep. That's what mine looks like. Was wondering if it was just me. And no, it won't go away. I was thinking after it setup per the instructions that it would look better. That's why I posted to see what others using it might have found out. It's horrible and makes the image grainy. How on earth could Zagg be selling this to people? I peeled it off, stuck it back on the paper and went to BestBuy and exchanged it with the Zagg clear version. Night and day. Love it.

Message was edited by: Dadof2Girls

Anyone using the Zagg iPad 2 Anti-Glare Screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.