Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup woes

I installed the OS update 10.6.7 on my MacBook Pro two days ago. There seemed to be some problems with this version on my machine as I would get the spinning wheel, and the system would freeze. Tiring of having to power down and restart constantly, I erased the hard disk and used Time Machine to restore the to the pre-update state with 10.6.6 as the OS. The restoration was reported to have occurred normally. However, now the machine won't boot up.

The laptop is about 4.5 years old and well out of warranty. I am repeating the restoration from the Time Machine backup right now. If this doesn't work, are there suggestions for what to try next?

Thanks for the assistance.

--Vishnu

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Apr 15, 2011 2:54 AM

4 replies

Apr 15, 2011 6:17 AM in response to vjejjala

The problem persists as before following another Time Machine restoration. When I attempt a verbose login, it hangs up following this output:
AirPort: Link Up on en1
IPv6 packet filtering initiated, default to accept, logging disabled

I hope there are suggestions for what I might try. Did some file get corrupted in the restoration from the Time Machine?

Thanks for any thoughts.

--Vishnu

Backup woes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.