Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5G 60GB Issues - Stops for 1 sec, Audiobook Static

Hi,

I upgraded to a 5G 60GB from a 4G 60GB and have never had issues with my old one, but here are my new anomolies. Maybe someone can tell me if they have experiences the same thing, or should I exchange my 5G for another.

1) While on a road trip this weekend, I when I would skip to the next song while listening to an album, sometimes the sound would cut out twice within 5 seconds after playing for about 4-6 seconds. So the song would start and then I would get 2 gaps of silence shortly after. Almost like the iPod was too busy to focus on its main task. I have about 48GB of music and video on this unit.

2) When I went to listen to an audiobook, all I got was some static where the audio should have been. A reboot (menu-center) quickly solved this issue. No big deal, but just weird.

Also...I have reset/reformatted this iPod twice now...just to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

--Clay

iPod 5G - 60GB Windows XP Pro

Posted on Dec 27, 2005 8:48 AM

1 reply

5G 60GB Issues - Stops for 1 sec, Audiobook Static

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.