Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sandisk Imagemate 12 in 1 reader

Does anyone know how to make this reader work? I get the appropriate lights on the unit but nothing happens. My computer, or Tiger, doesn't recognize it. jv

Dual 2 Ghz Power PC G5, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Dec 28, 2005 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2005 5:16 PM

You need to go to whatever site provides support for that reader, and download the appropriate driver.
12 replies

Jan 9, 2006 5:38 PM in response to John Valentine

I just bought this and have same problem- though I am not running Tiger. On Powerbook G4 (10.3.9) I get no recognition- no indication of "untitled disk", no appearance in iPhoto or Image Capture.
HOWEVER- I hooked it up to my iMac (10.2.9) and it did not mount as untitled disk, BUT was recognized as Imagemate 11 in 1 reader in both iPhoto and Image Capture. I was able to download from a card once- and then it was no longer recognized- EXCEPT in profiler where it shows the Imagemate connected to USB port.
I haven't been able to figure it out. I'm stumped. That Sandisk site is all Windows help.

Jan 9, 2006 6:18 PM in response to John Valentine

John Valentine and Amanda Phillips: Which card format is each of you trying to read in your readers? Is it by any chance an XD or XD-M card? There have been other reports of those card formats failing to be read by Macs, and I've been dismayed to see them because I bought my daughter an Olympus camera that uses XD cards for Christmas — before I knew about this problem. I have yet to see a reliable solution posted anywhere.

Mar 12, 2006 10:22 AM in response to John Valentine

I just recently bought Sandisk Imagemate 12 in 1 Card Reader/Writer, and happens the same as you, it doesn't display the drive on screen. It is connected to High Speed USB port on the back of my Imac 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4. I am trying to read a SD card and nothing happens. It also appears to be connected in the system profiler high speed USB port. I use Mac OS X 10.4.5 Tiger. Any suggestion?

Sandisk Imagemate 12 in 1 reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.