Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Roadrunner Vs Earthlink

Friend just got new iMac G5, his Cable Co. provdes both Roadrunner and Earthlink. Which is the better provider. Any info ?????

Imac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Dec 29, 2005 4:12 PM

10 replies

Dec 30, 2005 8:55 AM in response to gitna

Earthlink and roadrunner use the same fiber. I have earthlink and I have to call timewarner any time I have connectivity issues. for the extra 4 bucks I should have got road runner. Earthlink has a nasty 5gb limit usage on the usenet servers vs unlimited access that timewarner provides. all in all go the extra 4 bucks for road runner.

Scrog

Jan 1, 2006 1:05 AM in response to MarkJones

Both Roadrunner and Earthlink provide cable internet.

I've been an Earthlink user for nine years now, so naturally, I'm biased to choose them.

But weigh out your options, visit their websites, and look for any relevant information.

I've had very little problems with Earthlink. Whatever problems I did have were fixed 100% in 24 hours or less.

Jan 2, 2006 7:25 AM in response to Justin Paul Reese

It depends very much on where you are. I, for instance, live an area where the population goes up 6-fold in the winter months. Cable is nice and zippy here in the off-season, but this time of year it's as slow as dialup since they're still only offering the same amount of bandwidth and cable is slower the more people who are sharing it. Other areas don't necessarily have this problem, but if you're not in a large city, it's a consideration. However, I thought the OP was choosing between two cable offerings, not between DSL and cable?

Jan 3, 2006 6:29 AM in response to Donald Morgan

Hi Donald,

Earthlink has cable.

I personally use adsl, plenty fast. I like Earthlinks web mail & it work well with my apple mail. Scans emails for virus,has fraud email forwarding, suspect folder, known spam folder, 100 mbs of storage per email address. Issues resolved promptly.

My 2 cents.
Regards, Eme

Roadrunner Vs Earthlink

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.