Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini stuck in Disk Mode

I'm having a problem in which my mini is stuck in disk mode after I eject it from itunes, or off the desktop. I've tried resetting it, but nothing happens all I see is disk mode with the large check symbol followed by the ok to disconnect message. I have restored it using the most current ipod updater, and it hasn't changed a thing. Last night I was unable to transfer any music to it, I'd get a message saying the disk couldn't be read or written to, however I was just able to transfer a couple of songs after changing the connection cord to USB. I tried connecting it to the outlet with the adaptor, and the battery shows as fully charged.

On occasion it'll show a folder with an exclamation and the web address to this forum. I forgot to mention I ran it through disk utility and both verifying disk and repairing disk showed the iPod was ok. Has anyone experienced anything similar? and if so, help?

I looked to find a topic covering this, but most everyone's issue was resolved with a reset.

mini 4g, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Dec 31, 2005 2:44 PM

4 replies

Jan 1, 2006 9:01 AM in response to Jeff Bryan

Thanks for the reply. I left the iPod disconnected overnight so it could discharge the battery, which it did since it was perpetually "on" in Disk Mode. My hopes where dashed when clicking the select button and seeing the apple logo pop up, to seeing it go right back into disk mode. I've since recharged it and still have the same issue. Whatever the issue is, it doesn't seem to be a problem with the battery.

The "enable disk use" option is grayed out in manual song managing...I toggled it on to automatic to see if anything would change but it didn't.

The iPod itself seems to work fine while connected. I can move songs back nd forth, I can even play music off it (though is it actually playing off the iPod if its in its dock or just playing from your library I wonder). It's only when I eject the iPod that I have any problems.

Mini stuck in Disk Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.