Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movie Trailers...........

Can anyone tell me how I get the trailers from iTunes onto my ipod - I assume this can be done or am I completely mistaken? Is there anyway of importing movie trailers onto an iPod?

Thanks in advance.

60GB, Windows XP

Posted on Jan 4, 2006 1:59 AM

13 replies

Jan 4, 2006 2:30 AM in response to Leu

Plug in your iPod, and when it appears in the source list on the left, Right Click on it, and select iPod Options...

Then, of the lower row of Tabs, select Videos.

The first option should be, Automatically Update All Videos. Make sure this options is on, and perform an update on yur iPod.

Your movie trailers should now be there.

Jan 4, 2006 4:09 AM in response to Leu

Could someone, perhaps, list those trailers that can be downloaded? I've checked out many yet none, those that I have viewed, appear to be in iPod format.

I am very puzzled as to why iTunes have placed these on the site if they can not be downloaded onto an iPod. Everything else they have listed - music, music videos can be......so?

Jan 4, 2006 7:22 AM in response to Leu

OK. Well I have just done this to check I'm right -

Find the Superman Returns page on iTunes. Here in the UK it is on the Movie Trailers Hompage. But anyway, find it, goto it, and click on Official Movie Site.

It will take you here -

http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/

Then looking at the top, click on Teaser Trailer.

You then get 4 options - Teaser Trailer, Full Screen, PSP and iPod.

Click on iPod and you get a file download screen.

Then add the file to iTunes.

This is the only Movie Site I have found, so far, that has this option. The only thing you can do is look 🙂

Jan 4, 2006 9:56 AM in response to Jon Walker

Okay, I've been to Apple's website and to QT trailers, there is a list of trailers for the iPod - however I am not very technical - though I'm learning that one should be that if they own an iPod. Anyway, I've downloaded a trailer and it requires unzipping but it wants me to save it, if I save it in iPod the trailer gets placed in iTunes but then it loses it again - I'm clearly doing something wrong here...............can anyone help with a step by step guide? :o)

Thanks to everyone who has written, it has all been helpful even if I haven't understood it completely. :o)

Movie Trailers...........

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.