Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 won't charge after iOS 4.3.2 update

I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 4.3.2 but this resulted in being asked to restore my iPhone to factory settings due to a problem. The update seems to have worked and have regained everthing I lost after syncing my phone. The problem now is that my iPhone won't charge, either by power socket or by USB via my MacBook. The MacBook doesn't seem to recognise the charging cable (the official one that came with the iPhone) and I was sometimes getting on screen messages saying such when trying to charge the iPhone. The iPhone now has no charge at all so I am completely lost. I hope someone out there can help as I really don't have the time to go to my local Apple store for them to only send off the phone to be repaired and be left phoneless. Thanks in advance everyone.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 8:58 PM

10 replies

Apr 18, 2011 5:13 PM in response to se7zer

Booked a Genius Bar appointment for 5.30pm on Sunday at my local Apple Store (Union Square, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK) and was seen without delay. Explained the problem to the assistant who checked my iPhone's serial number which told him I was still covered by warranty so simply gave me a brand new phone rather than check what was the problem. I did ask what it could be and whether it was linked to the iOS 4.3.2 update but he said it might have been something underlying with my phone that the update brought to the surface rather than it being caused by the update itself. Rather pleased that I have a brand new phone rather than my slightly bashed and scratched old one. Result!

Apr 25, 2011 2:48 PM in response to martinfromaberdeen

Just to reassure others reading this, my iPhone 4 is all working/charging fine after 4.3.2 so it would definitely appear to be an issue with your specific phone.

Interestingly my brothers iPod touch lost all it's videos in the Video app after the same 4.3.2 update, although they were there and did show up in the ipod app. He's quite technically savvy and followed all the logical reinstall/reset procedures but to no avail.So after a visit to the genius bar all was sorted after the assistant logged into the diagnostic app on the ipod via his iPad. It reported a fault with a non responsive app and a replacement iPod was handed over without any fuss, well done Apple!!

One of those things I guess rather than an OS bug.

iPhone 4 won't charge after iOS 4.3.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.