Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

os x 10.6 server serial number lost

Hi,

I bought a 2.8 GHz 24" iMac for testing in my home lab. I made 2 partitions, 1 for os x 10.6 client and one for os x server 10.6 so I can test various different scenarios in my lab.

I was able to pick up a 10.6 os x server and installed it on a partition on my 24" imac

all is well

recently my cleaning lady was in and I had my paper from my os x server box out and around, and now I can't find it, and stupidly I never made a copy and now I don't know the full serial number of my OS X server 10.6 software.

I can find most of it in the Server Admin, but the last 2 boxes are ••• out

This is a legal copy and I have the Apple install DVDs and the box, just not the piece of paper with the serial number on it.

I bought the sfw. privately from someone that won it at a function and was a PC guy and didn't need it.

What would people recommend I do to try and recover my OS X server 10.6 serial number, and this time make several copies of my OS X server 10.6 serial number for safe keeping.

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 17" core i5 8 GB RAM 500 GB XT

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 6:58 AM

take a look at the file /etc/systemserialnumbers/xsvr

2 replies

os x 10.6 server serial number lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.