Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"More Like This" … aren't?

Am I the only one seeing items in the new "More Like This" section of topics mostly filled with suggestions that have little or no relevancy to the current topic?

2008 iMacs: 24"/3.06 GHz + 20"/2.66 GHz; White MacBook/2.4 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Kensington Trackball; Airport Extreme 802.11n; assorted iPods an

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 7:21 AM

14 replies

Apr 17, 2011 7:58 AM in response to R C-R

R C-R wrote:

Am I the only one seeing items in the new "More Like This" section of topics mostly filled with suggestions that have little or no relevancy to the current topic?

I agree the revelancy is almost nile, I posted about my first name being swapped for my housemates and his for mine, and I'm told an apple id post is like mine, well it's not.

Re: Can't hear, others can't hear me except through speaker or headset

re; My 60GB iPod Video doesn't like airplanes

Hmm...

Apr 30, 2011 12:53 AM in response to R C-R

haha. Yes, yours is the top" more like this result" on my[url=https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3024630?answerId=15093964022#15093964022] other topic[/url].

Only one I've seen that actually makes sense, BTW.

So...is this supposed to get better over time, like Genius being able to match iTunes songs?

Completely off topic, anybody seen the latest South Park episode where people don't read the itunes store terms?

Hilarious.

May 2, 2011 7:04 AM in response to Topher Kessler

Topher Kessler wrote:

The sub-forums are there if you click the "Refine this list..." link and select a sub-topic. From here you can link directly to the sub-topic by copying and pasting the URL where you want/need.

It's not completely working in the FCS/STP forum, there are posts showing up in the STP subtopic that shouldn't be there. And when you click on the "1" for first page of posts, the posts shown change, doesn't make sense.

May 5, 2011 1:17 AM in response to twtwtw

twtwtw wrote:

Well, I hope it's soon. So far I haven't seen anything in the "more like this" section that's newer than 2008 (and a few threads going back to 2005); I see no point in answering questions where the original poster most likely has bought a new machine in the meantime.

You can't answer a question in a thread that old (usually). It's usually archived so no responses are allowed.

However, I've found that "More Like This" can sometimes help you find the answer to a new question about older hardware or software. It's been helpful to me more than once in the iBook Discussions. So, if new people asking about older hardware or software notice "More Like This" after they post their question, it's quite possible that they can find their own answer there in those ancient threads.

"More Like This" … aren't?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.