Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Explore it! Don't bash it!

As with any change, folks seem to be bashing the new Communitiies site without really exploring it, but there is actually a lot here that is similar to the old site so take a look around. The site will take a little customization of settings and figuring out to find some of the locations of commonly used items ("your posts", etc), but it is all there. There are a few tweaks Apple could implement, and hopefully these will come, but overall it is a pretty good support effort. It's got my vote.

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 8:11 AM

2 replies

Apr 17, 2011 8:34 AM in response to Topher Kessler

I agree, Topher. The old forum was, well, old. The design was ancient, it gave you no real sense of the activity in the community at the top level and there was no way to easily connect with other users. I like the product images in the forum browser and I think it is very easy for a new user to begin asking questions.

I'm sure Apple will continue to refine ASC and I think this is a great opening day start!

Apr 17, 2011 9:06 AM in response to Topher Kessler

Topher Kessler wrote:

The site will take a little customization of settings and figuring out to find some of the locations of commonly used items ("your posts", etc), but it is all there.

Except that it isn't all there, at least not yet.

Example 1: in "My Stuff" the Discussions link only shows 3 of the topics I have posted to since the new format took effect, & have posted to many more than that (& have 40+ emails to prove it).

Example 2: I no sooner set up a customized "home" page than I got a notice telling me that new features had been implemented & I would have to revert to the default to see or use them.

Basically, we seem to be exploring a construction zone. Some things don't yet work as indicated & others look or work differently from one visit to the next.

It is a good (maybe even amazing) first day roll out, but it will take time for everything to get sorted out before it equals the functionality of the old system.

Explore it! Don't bash it!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.