Look at your assigned IP address under Settings > Wi-Fi > [name of network] > [right arrow to advanced screen]. If IP starts with 169.254 then you don't have a valid address. Try the Renew Lease button in that same screen. If it come back with the same 169.254.x.x result, then power cycle your Wi-Fi router... It might be hung up and not assigning addresses properly.
You can try these steps as well.
Tap Settings, then tap Safari on the left side. Then on the rightside - tap clear history, clear cookies, clear cache. Clear all three. Reboot your iPad. Hold down on the sleep button at the top until the red slider appears and slide to power off. Then hold down on the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and the iPad will restart. Launch Safari and see if helped.
If that doesn't help, try this. Tap Settings, then tap General on the left side, then scroll down on the right side and tap Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings at the top. Reboot your iPad as described above. Launch Safari and log on to the Internet. You may have to enter your network password again when you reset Network Settings.
ipad cannot connect to the internet. Even though its shows all bars and connection is strong (standing right next to it).
Here is what has been tried.
1. Tried rebooting ipad - did not work
2. Tied rebooting router - did not work
3. Went to another wireless connection and it would not connect. Tried rebotting that wireless connection and it did not connect. Tried rebooting the ipad on this connection as well - did not work.
4. Tried resetting network connections and rebotting on both wireless connections - did not work.
5. Checked that autobrightness was turned off (weird solution) - is turned off did not work.
6. Tried renewing leases on both wireless connections - did not work.
7. Went through the suggestions on the apple website which inlcuded some of the above - all did not work.
8. Tried to get support via the paid system from apple - not available in my time zone!!!! - poor customer support apple.
9. Tried to get support in Australia - support and customer service - does not exist !!!!
10. Apple = crap.