Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect to a local server whilst using VPN

I have SABnzbd+ running on my MBP.

Since my Linksys WAG320N router supports NAT Loopback, I can connect to it's web UI using my local IP, 192.168.0.2 OR my ISP-assigned static IP, 72.xxx.xxx.xxx.

However when I'm connected to the VPN, using OpenVPN & Viscosity, I can't connect to the SABnzbd+ server on either address.

I tried setting up DynDNS with their auto-updater, and using a host name instead of IP address, still no luck.

I use SABnzbd+ as an example, it's the same problem with ANY locally runnining server (uTorrent UI, etc).

Thanks

MacBook Pro (Mid-2010) Intel i5, 4GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Mac Mini (Early 2009), MacBook (Early 2009), iPhone 4, iPad 64GB

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 10:07 AM

7 replies

Apr 17, 2011 11:52 AM in response to markmc78

I use the built in VPN for company access. However, by default it "sends all packets to VPN route", which I do not like. I put together a script to set only the networks I need to go through that route using the "route add" comment. I set my default route whatever my ISP default route is at the time of my connection. This allows me both worlds (vpn connections and internet). Not sure if that helps you or not.

Connect to a local server whilst using VPN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.