Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get 'Date

My company has proxy servers that require a password to access. The password changes each day. So the control panel Date and Time cannot access the servers, because there is no provision for using proxy servers that require a password for each new connection. Any ideas? It's really annoying because my Macbook Pro gains about a minute every other day, so I keep showing up to meetings really early unless I set my clock once a week.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 10:21 AM

Hi

Doesnt your company have an internal time server that you could use? Nearly all Linux/Windows/Apple servers (even Cisco switches)can provide Network Time to you internally, then all you would need to do is place an bypass for that host in Network Proxy settings.

If your company uses Active Directory, there is a high chance that your domain controllers provide NTP to everyone on login..

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2011 10:21 AM in response to EJoseph

Hi

Doesnt your company have an internal time server that you could use? Nearly all Linux/Windows/Apple servers (even Cisco switches)can provide Network Time to you internally, then all you would need to do is place an bypass for that host in Network Proxy settings.

If your company uses Active Directory, there is a high chance that your domain controllers provide NTP to everyone on login..

Apr 17, 2011 10:43 AM in response to EJoseph

Open the Network preference pane in System Preferences. If the pane is locked, unlock it. Select the interface you use to connect to the Internet. Click the Advanced button and the Proxies tab in the sheet that opens. Check the box labeled "SOCKS Proxy." Enter the address and port number of the proxy server (I'm assuming it is a SOCKS proxy), check the box labeled "Proxy server requires password," and enter the username and password for the server. Click the OK button to close the sheet, then Apply, then close the window.

Obviously you'll have to reenter the password whenever it changes.

How do I get 'Date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.