Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PROBLEM WITH THE TRACKPAD

Hello guys here is my problem, sometimes the track pad of my white macbook (2010) does not work when i make a tap on it.

Any one having such problem with it? or having a solution to fix this problem?

Thanks

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 12:49 PM

Make sure to do a software update to ensure you have the Trackpad and Magic Trackpad update for 2010 Mac Models. If you have all available updates, visit an Apple Retail Store or call 1-800-275-2273 for AppleCare Support.

3 replies

Apr 17, 2011 12:53 PM in response to Fulks78

Hey Fulks78. You could always try resetting the SMC (System Management Controller) which will revert power back to anything not receiving sufficient power. Just plug your Macbook into the Power Adapter and press and hold the bottom left Shift + Control + Option keys. While holding those keys press the power button once and release all keys.

This is an invisible reset so you won't physically see or hear anything other than the Power Adapter flicker green once. Wait 5-10 seconds after this and try testing the issue out and let me know if it recurs.

Also what Dane N said is a good step to try first!

Message was edited by: RazorWave

PROBLEM WITH THE TRACKPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.