Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 306

I live in rural Vermont and just made the leap from dial up to a Verizon mobile broadband system. It's been relatively smooth, and internet access works for most sites (although I did have to fiddle with proxy settings). However, my iTunes 10.2 will not connect to the Apple Store any longer - I get error 306. The only advice I've found so far is for Windows systems having that problem, and I'm running an iMac with 10.5. Any suggestions?

JC

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 1:17 PM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2011 8:14 AM in response to Jon Crystal

May have "fixed" the problem. On trial and error basis I went to System Preferences/Network/Airpport/Proxies and selected Using PAC and left the details blank. Now iTunes store loads, and Software Update, which also had been giving me a proxy error, also works. Don't know if I've created problems elsewhere by doing this....and don't know why switiching from dial-up access to wireless should have caused this...

error 306

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.