Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A redesign fit for ... an iPhone? Why is everything HUGE and empty?

This is another example of that new breed of designer, the "interaction" designer, breaking what was fixed.

The Apple Forums worked fine. Easy to use, comfortable to navigate, friendly among the participants.

Now we have this redesign foisted on us. It's reminiscent of another bogus effort at "improving" things, Skype 5.0 for the Mac which lost Skype about 3/4 of its Mac users. I never use 5.0.

These Communities are not that awful, but the HUGE type everywhere and all the community "features" make me think of Facebook for the iPhone.

C'mon, give us users a break! Put the designers to work fixing things that need fixing, not adapting trendy "designs" to useful online features that will be seen to be passé within a very short time. Thank you.

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 1:23 PM

10 replies

Apr 17, 2011 1:50 PM in response to Bob Jacobson

Bob Jacobson wrote:

Put the designers to work fixing things that need fixing, not adapting trendy "designs" to useful online features that will be seen to be passé within a very short time.

How do you know they haven't been spending the past year doing just that?

I think the overall design was mostly inherited from the basic Jive software. It may not be ideal but it has been officially judged to be "good enough".

When doing big upgrades like this, the most important part is to get the new site up and running and meeting basic security and usage requirements. It is better to get it running, deliver, then fix it than to try to continually refine something that hasn't been delivered yet. The initial rollout phase (now) can be painful for a while.

A redesign fit for ... an iPhone? Why is everything HUGE and empty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.