Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect the iPad to a VGA projector

I read the comments about using the iPad with a VGA projector for presentations, but those were for the original iPad. My association is asking me to present a live demonstration of the new iPad 2. I tested the iPad 2 with the digital connector to HDMI on my TV and that works great. I can move around all the screens on my iPad and even play Angry Birds.

But what about connecting this iPad 2 to a VGA projector? All the earlier comments referred to that process as "very limited" with only a few apps running on it, like Keynote. That won't do for my presentation. Is there a solution or does the new iPad 2 fully support a standard (read old) VGA projector?

Thank you for your replies.

Jean Feuillet

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 2:02 PM

It is my understanding that the dgital adapter will give you full video mirroring over HDMI from the iPad 2, although there are some reported models of TVs and projectors that have issues, but that analog signaling, such as VGA, is limited to apps specifically written to provide access to that type of video connection.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2011 2:02 PM in response to Jean M. Feuillet

It is my understanding that the dgital adapter will give you full video mirroring over HDMI from the iPad 2, although there are some reported models of TVs and projectors that have issues, but that analog signaling, such as VGA, is limited to apps specifically written to provide access to that type of video connection.

How to connect the iPad to a VGA projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.