Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logged out by system?

My first time at the new forum format.

Having logged in I was trying to find my way around (to answer an iTunes question) when I discovered that all my 'Your Stuff' was being displayed while I was being greeted as 'Guest' and being asked to sign in. (I tried to upload a .tiff from Grab but have been told the content is not allowed. It's only a photo of my information under the 'Welcome, Guest' Sign in prompts.)

Not good. Suggests that others can access My Stuff which should be private, I would think -

OR

a bug logs you out for screen prompt purposes but keeps you logged in for searching, creating questions, etc - if you get what I mean.

I'm sorry that I cannot give a clear description of what I was doing as I'm not certain at what point it happened. I know I had found the answer to my question and then started to check my account details for email notifications and subscriptions and so on. Then, for some reason I no longer remember, I tried to go back to the list of forums. I think it was at this point that I noticed I was being called guest but my user name and account info were still being displayed.

Another neat one is that I only had to go back in the history on Safari to get back to being logged in. Oops.

I suppose not really a question - just info for the developers. Still, it's important, I think.

IMac G5, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HD, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Safari 4.0.3 (4531.9), Appleworks 6

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 7:36 PM

You will need to use an internet-compatible format like JPG, GIF, or PNG. Just do "Save as" in Preview.

I think at some point this after-evening the hosts had to log everyone out for some system maintenance. You may have been caught in that.

2 replies

Apr 18, 2011 5:23 AM in response to etresoft

You will need to use an internet-compatible format like JPG, GIF, or PNG. Just do "Save as" in Preview.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to remember to change the format next time.

I think at some point this after-evening the hosts had to log everyone out for some system maintenance. You may have been caught in that.

#

I hope the next time they find a way to wipe the screens so no data is left. A little disconcerting to find yourself called 'Guest' while 'Your Stuff' is on the screen.

Thanks again

logged out by system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.