Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I re-set the playback speed of an iPod_2?

I listen to audiobooks and recently the playback speed has gotten much much faster. My sister told me how she fixes the problem on an older iPod, but this one does not have the same settings.

I've looked at all the settings and cannot find the way to do this. And my Apple support has run out.

Has anyone else had and solved this problem?

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply
6 replies

Apr 17, 2011 4:28 PM in response to sharonfromcambridge

Sharon, I think everyone has come across this issue at one time or another. 😉 It's really a simple matter to fix. Simply tap once on the screen so that you can see the "scrub bar" that allows you to navigate to different spots in your audiobook. Just below the right-hand side of that scrub bar you should see a little box that probably says 2X right now. Tap it until you get it to say 1X and you should be good to go. 🙂

Apr 17, 2011 4:45 PM in response to sharonfromcambridge

Thank you, Roaming. I thought I'd looked at all the appropriate tutorials. Didn't see the manual. I just tried to download the manual from your link and it wasn't opening. Will try again and keep it on my computer. This is the first time I've had problems with my iPod; but it is almost two years old and I use it a lot, so I'm sure there will be new problems down the road.

How do I re-set the playback speed of an iPod_2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.