Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Batterylife is short on iOS Version 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 5:57 PM

18 replies

Apr 19, 2011 6:53 AM in response to kozk

Now I see my short Batterylife problem because

I open one of the application of location service.

Now I turn off that location services and it is OK.

But I opened afew location service such as Find iPhone,GoogleMap,Facebook,LocacitySG that all.

I cased in short Batterylife is when I open LocacitySG application of location service.

Thanks for Apple and all Replies.

Apr 19, 2011 7:41 AM in response to kozk

Hi kozk,

The following link provides information about the battery life and things you can try to extent the time it takes to discharge.

If you're still having an issue and you have a local Apple Store then you could book a Genius Bar appointment with the store and they can run a diagnostic check on the battery.

Service options for the battery: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/service/battery/

Apple Retail Store list: http://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/

Hope this helps.

Apr 20, 2011 2:55 PM in response to kozk

I have noticed the same issue with 4.3.2 I upgraded over this last weekend. Normally my battery would go down about 30% a day on a full charge with normal usage. It would go lower if I used it a lot durning the day maybe 50%. For the last 4 days I have noticed that it will drain from 100% to about 35% in about 8 hours. Also I have noticed that the wifi connects and disconnects a lot from access points.

Apr 21, 2011 6:03 PM in response to bigbluetick

Okay... I might have found my issue. I think it is apps that I have installed that hang running and background on iOS 4.3.2. I got an app from the app store that gives you system status of my iPhone. It has a sections for processes. I noticed two apps that I normally use once a day was still running. I rebooted my phone and did not open those two apps and today my iPhone battery is just fine. Just like it was before I upgraded to iOS 4.3.2 . So tomorrow I am going to only use one of the two and see if they if it stays active and see what happens to my battery. Then on Saturday I am going to test it with the other app and see what happens.

Apr 22, 2011 3:46 PM in response to Dott. Enzo_Vincenzo

I purchased an app in the app store. Apple didn't give it to me. It was named "System Status" by Jiri Technet. It does have a section for processes running in background and how long they have been running. There is a free version but I did not use that one so I don't know if it will show you the processes or not. However that is the app that I used to find what app's I had used and didn't shutdown properly. Today one of the app's that I found that keep running in back ground came out with an app update for "Bug Fixes" so I am wondering if that fixed the issue for that app. Before you purchase and app like the one that I did I would recommend that you reboot your iPhone and charge it to 100%. Unplug it and don't use any app's that you really don't have to for most of the day and see if your iPhone battery drains quickly or not. While I was doing this testing the only apps I used were email and safari on my iPhone. Today I have been using it as normal but I have not used the two apps that I think caused my battery to drain. My iPhone in about 11 hours has only used 14% of the battery. So I am back to normally.

Apr 23, 2011 6:05 PM in response to bigbluetick

Today's update.. There was an update yesterday for one of the two app's that I think had caused the problem of the battery issue with my iPhone. I tested both app's of those app's today and I believe the issue was resolved with the update. Today with normal usage I am only down 30% that was normal before the 4.3.2 update. Both apps are still running a process but don't seem to be causing any issues at this time.

Apr 26, 2011 8:14 AM in response to kozk

on my iPod touch 4th generation battery on WiFi is at least 7 hours no heating up or anything,

I've noticed that FaceTime seems to drain the battery in this iOS, as well as when I was recording video the iPod got really hot, but my battery is still holding it's charge and such...I think also location services is broken, I've seen on the net that it is, and Apple is working on iOS 4.3 or 4.4 to fix this, so our battery issues should be fixed after this

Apr 26, 2011 7:45 PM in response to kozk

I am having problems with iOS 4.3.2 causing my battery life to be very short. It goes down 25% in about 3-hours. I was fine with 4.3, I could go about 3-4 hours and only use about 10%

when I go to bed, I turn on airplane mode. and last night the battery lost about 20-35%

I've lost about 10% in the past hour.

Since noticing this problem with 4.3.2, I have been turning off all extra aps, turned off PING, turned off as many things as I can in email and aps, turned off notifications, lowered brightness, bluetooth is off, fetch is OFF, and turned off Most of the Location Services. None of these things have helped.

Apr 26, 2011 7:52 PM in response to kozk

I had the exact same problem. Apple support told me to restore my iPhone as a 'NEW' iPhone. I hated to do it because of all that I would loose, but last night I did the 'new iPhone restore'. IT WORKED!

If it didn't work for me, the next step I was going to try was to reinstall iTunes on my computer. Others have said that worked for them.

Fortunately I now have my iPhone operating like is should. Good luck.

Apr 26, 2011 8:49 PM in response to kozk

This is so ridiculous! My battery life is pitiful since updating to 4.3.2 I have changed NOTHING else and now my battery life is less than half of what it was just two days ago. This is a huge fail and Apple doesn't seem to even be addressing it. I thought maybe it was just the battery algorithm so I tried to call it's bluff, I was wrong, it shut down. I am really angry about this as I can't trust that my phone will be on when I need it and if I need to have it permanently plugged in I might as well use a land line. Apple needs to fix this now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.