Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad dropping wifi during AirPlay. Any fix, or recommendation?

So when I'm using AirPlay on my iPad, normally video, and streaming it through my apple TV2, it will drop the wifi after a few minutes. Anyidea what is causing this, or what can be done to solve it? Connecting using an original 500gb TC with version 7.5.2

Thanks in advance

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.3), Touch 32gb, iPad 16gb,500gb Time Capsule, and an Apple TV thingy

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 8:02 AM

Did you find a solution for this?

I have a 1st gen ipad and the following devices for Wifi:

Airport extreme base station (latest model)

2x Airport Express is extend mode.

The source for the airplay is a mid 2010 iMac Core i7 27" with Lion (although problem occurred as well on Snow Leopard)

I have been able to reliably reproduce the issue that it drop the Airplay session (playing Video out of my itunes library) every 30 minutes almost to the second.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2011 8:02 AM in response to Blue Meanie

Did you find a solution for this?

I have a 1st gen ipad and the following devices for Wifi:

Airport extreme base station (latest model)

2x Airport Express is extend mode.

The source for the airplay is a mid 2010 iMac Core i7 27" with Lion (although problem occurred as well on Snow Leopard)

I have been able to reliably reproduce the issue that it drop the Airplay session (playing Video out of my itunes library) every 30 minutes almost to the second.

iPad dropping wifi during AirPlay. Any fix, or recommendation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.