Previous 1 2 Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2011 1:25 AM by Froggy Grodkin
Joe Gramm Level 5 Level 5 (6,315 points)

It seems that the only way to get Products to show up on a Post is to select it when creating a new message. It's going to be pretty hard to remember to select Products on every Post. Is there a way to make it permanent as in the last Forum. I always thought having your Products listed was helpful in having a question answered properly.

Seems like in Your Stuff/Profile/My Products, there could be a checkbox to add My products to every Post

iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core Duo 2, 21.5, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iMac G4 15" FP 800 MHz, Airport Extreme/Express, iLife 09, iPho
  • J.C Level 4 Level 4 (1,595 points)

I agree, i've forgotten to select it just about every post i've made since the change over. I do like the fact that we can now have multiple products available to select.

J.C

• crh24 Level 3 Level 3 (920 points)

Personally I think the whole 'Product' area needs a re-think.  Having to remember each time, can only select one, very few characters editable, etc. are a huge step back in capability.

I do hope it is addressed soon.

• William Rivas Level 5 Level 5 (4,240 points)

crh24 wrote:

Personally I think the whole 'Product' area needs a re-think.  Having to remember each time, can only select one, very few characters editable, etc. are a huge step back in capability.

So do I. I can't even see it as a selection. Can someone point it out, please?

• William Rivas Level 5 Level 5 (4,240 points)

William Rivas wrote:

crh24 wrote:

So do I. I can't even see it as a selection. Can someone point it out, please?

I had too many products listed and I guess that's why it would not offer the selection... STEVE!

• Topher Kessler Level 6 Level 6 (9,595 points)

It would be nice to have them all have checkboxes to either be included or not, but have a default setting for which to include on all posts by default. Sometimes when posting I'd like to meniton my PowerMac G5 and my MacBook Pro, but not my PowerBook G4. Currently you can only do one...

• Randy Knowles Level 1 Level 1 (45 points)

I believe you have to select the Advanced Editor to get the option to add Products at the bottom of your post ....   And you must then check the button to manually add that to your post too.

• Ian R. Brown Level 6 Level 6 (18,320 points)

Like many others I bemoan the lack of having products permanently on view.

They are essential when answering many questions as posters often don't mention the precise equipment and apps they are using and which are having problems.

Please note my products which I had to manually add to this post!

• Froggy Grodkin Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

Rather than making the addition of Kit and Software Information more difficult, Apple should be promoting its display.

It should be mandatory for the Thread Starter, based on the fact that usually their purpose is to seek assistance, to supply details of equipment and software relating to the information they are seeking.

It seems odd that the folk who administer these Forums apparently do not actually use them, an action which would very soon alert them to NEED for this information?

If the ‘administrators’ get in the mood for making real improvements to these Forums perhaps they could add an automatic Nag eMail to be sent to those who fail to respond when help has been offered, and for this to be repeated [## times] until they do?

The requirement to use the Advanced Editor and click to enter this important information really does, as mentioned by others, need to be set up in the Users Control Panel/Your Stuff/Call it what you will area.

Is there anything wrong with it being a ‘requirement’ for anyone wishing to post?

• Klaus1 Level 8 Level 8 (45,510 points)

All here completely agree with you, and the Advanced Editor should be the default.

Trust me, the Hosts are well aware of this wish and (may even be) working on it!

• harv47 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Klaus1 and all,

If this thread becomes a "petition", prehaps the powers that be will address this shortcoming more quickly.

Thanks for the tip about using the Advanced Editor. Two extra steps for something that should be automagic.

Sheesh!

Best,

harv47

• deggie Level 8 Level 8 (49,230 points)

If it becomes a "petition" it will violate the Terms of Use and the whole thread will be deleted. The issue is known and the priority for Jive Software to fix it won't rise any higher because people post here.

• harv47 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

So much for responsiveness.

• babowa Level 7 Level 7 (26,390 points)
    If the ‘administrators’ get in the mood for making real improvements to these Forums perhaps they could add an automatic Nag eMail to be sent to those who fail to respond when help has been offered, and for this to be repeated [## times] until they do?

The hosts are probably busy enough without resorting to such measures - these are volunteer user to user forums and a fair percentage of users do not provide any kind of feedback - never have and never will. And why would that concern you other than hoping that a user would feel obligated to award points? Which, as you know, is frowned upon here (which includes any mention of it at all, however oblique it may be).

• Jett Monroe Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

I agree. This would be amazingly helpful.

Previous 1 2 Next