Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1280x960 to 1280x720

Ok,a friend brought to me some clips shooted at Gopro camera. The frame size of the files is 1280 x 960.

It looks weird,I want to resize to 1280 x 720 but when i do this,the clip looks stretched. How can I resolve this

problem?

Thanks

Mac pro Two 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.6.4), FinalCut Pro Studio 3 / Logic Pro 9

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 6:43 AM

You'll need to crop them if they are really recorded in a 4:3 ratio.

In FCP, put them on a proper 1280x720 timeline. Make sure the size of the clip is 100%. If the image is centered, you should fill the width of the Viewer and have extra pixels on the top and bottom.

Turn on the wireframe and slide the image up or down as framing the action dictates.

If the part you want to keep changes over time, you can keyframe the position of the clip.

Have fun,

x

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2011 6:43 AM in response to christian Frank

You'll need to crop them if they are really recorded in a 4:3 ratio.

In FCP, put them on a proper 1280x720 timeline. Make sure the size of the clip is 100%. If the image is centered, you should fill the width of the Viewer and have extra pixels on the top and bottom.

Turn on the wireframe and slide the image up or down as framing the action dictates.

If the part you want to keep changes over time, you can keyframe the position of the clip.

Have fun,

x

1280x960 to 1280x720

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.