Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FYI Limited forum functionality on IE 7.0

This is probably a mostly irrelevant data point. However, my computer at work only has IE 7.0 on it. I can make new posts but not reply to existing posts. There is a notice at the bottom of the page "Error on Page". This may also be in some way related to the corporate firewill or security settings. However, the old version of the forums worked fine.

I understand that supporting an old version of a browser is not at all high on the priority list (nor should it be). I just thought I'd offer the data point in case it was in some way useful.

As my company supports some Apple products, it is useful for me to have forum access but it's not essential. It's certainly not essential enough to put in a request for a computer update. Oh well, maybe I'l get more work done.

MacBook Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.5), Current iPods: 3 Gen Nano, 1st Gen Touch, 3G Touch, 6th gen Nano

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 8:08 AM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2011 8:40 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

This is definitely going to be an issue. I was able to use ie7 a bit today, but now I too get the error on page. Had to use the iPad to type is.

This is an issue because most companies don't jump onto the next iteration of ms ie. We always stay at least one version behind. Upgrading to 8 is not an option in most companies if their upgrade path isn't there yet. As more and more companies support iPhones and iPads this will cause some bad feelings about support quality.

This and the iOS issue should have been found and fixed prior to release. In my opinion. Very disappointed.

Jason

FYI Limited forum functionality on IE 7.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.