Skip navigation

problems with iOS 4.3.2 breaking wifi access to some public routers

367 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2011 11:09 AM by dino_russ RSS
dino_russ Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 18, 2011 9:15 AM

Ever since upgrading my ipad 2 and iphone 4 to ios 4.3.2 I am finding some public routers no longer work, or I will connect for a bit and the connection then fails.  Apple routers fine, ATT and such routers at McDonalds work fine, and so on.  But some routers do not.  I see others in threads with same issues.  i have tried all the suggestions from apple including reseting network settings, rebooting and such.  Nothing works.  I have never had issues others did that led to 4.3.2 to fix 4.3 and 4.3.1  issues with WIFI.  But now count me in as having those issues with this so-called fix in 4.3.2 for others. Sounds like the results have been a mixed bag, but in a couple cases it makes my iPad useless where it was useful before.  Please fix Apple!

Thanks

Russ Jacobson

• Dah•veed Level 7 Level 7 (29,555 points)

So have you tried starting over? If you have tried everything else then perhaps it is time to start again. Make sure everything on your iOS devices is backed up to your Mac/PC and use iTunes to restore the device to factory settings with iOS 4.3.2. Then sync it again with all of your 'stuff".

Early '09 Mac mini, Early '06 17" iMac CD, 64 GB iPad 2 wi-fi, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Happily using Macs since 1984!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.