Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with iOS 4.3.2 breaking wifi access to some public routers

Ever since upgrading my ipad 2 and iphone 4 to ios 4.3.2 I am finding some public routers no longer work, or I will connect for a bit and the connection then fails. Apple routers fine, ATT and such routers at McDonalds work fine, and so on. But some routers do not. I see others in threads with same issues. i have tried all the suggestions from apple including reseting network settings, rebooting and such. Nothing works. I have never had issues others did that led to 4.3.2 to fix 4.3 and 4.3.1 issues with WIFI. But now count me in as having those issues with this so-called fix in 4.3.2 for others. Sounds like the results have been a mixed bag, but in a couple cases it makes my iPad useless where it was useful before. Please fix Apple!

Thanks

Russ Jacobson

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 9:15 AM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2011 11:04 AM in response to Dah•veed

Not yet. It is just for some routers (two I have encountered so far) It seems to be extreme for that but it is a hassle if this has something to do with a few cheap/funky routers that do not work well with 4.3.2?

Russ

Dah•veed wrote:

So have you tried starting over? If you have tried everything else then perhaps it is time to start again. Make sure everything on your iOS devices is backed up to your Mac/PC and use iTunes to restore the device to factory settings with iOS 4.3.2. Then sync it again with all of your 'stuff".

Apr 18, 2011 11:09 AM in response to Dah•veed

Oh I just found this thread on iphone 4's with the 4.3.2 update. Even resetting phone and then reinstalling stuff did not help:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2815831?answerId=13386172022#13386172022

Given it is hard to go back to 4.3.1 I guess I am stuck til this gets dealt with. I find it interesting for some the update from 4.3.x to 4.3.2 fixes WIFI problems but for a few of us it does not and/or (in my case) causes problems where they did not exist.

russ

problems with iOS 4.3.2 breaking wifi access to some public routers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.